So, since it's what I do, I'll share with you exactly what I did so you can do it too. (This passed the pro-meat/pro-dairy husband test, btw.)
|This one has been in a dehydrator.|
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic
pinch Himalayan Salt
1. Soak almonds overnight in water. Drain and pop off skins.
2. Place all ingredients in food processor. Process until smooth. This will take a bit of time, don’t rush.
3. Place nut mixture in nut-milk bad or colander lined with cheese cloth.
4. Give a light squeeze and place in refrigerator over-night to set up.
5. You can use the cheese at this point or if you want it more firm, place it in the dehydrator for 6+ hours (at 115 degrees) to form a rind.
~The idea for this is to use raw almonds. If you use roasted almonds, use the un-salted. (I didn't really think about this and used roasted un-salted, and it took me over an hour to peel the 1 cup of almonds.)
1 1/2 cups raw, organic cashews
1-2 cloves organic garlic
1/4 cup pure water (if you make your own, or have access to it, I highly recommend using rejuvelac instead of water for nutrition, digestion and an even stronger “cheese” taste)
2 tbsp fresh, organic lemon juice
1/2 tsp Celtic or pink Himalayan sea salt
Let‘s get started.
Rinse cashews well. Place all ingredients in the blender until ultra creamy. That’s it!
Here are some fun ideas to change the flavor of this spread. Just add to the blender, to taste.
Pink peppercorn, sumac and honey
Wild-harvested raw honey
Honey and chili pepper
Herbes de Provence
Fresh herbs like dill and/or parsley
Raw or roasted onion
Liquid smoke and maple syrup
~This is ready to eat immediately. Pace yourself. I ate way too much and felt like my belly was going to explode. LOL (It's that good that I'm putting a warning on it.)